ADSM-L

move nodedata

2006-03-03 16:33:48
Subject: move nodedata
From: David Tyree <david.tyree AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:18:02 -0500
Long story but essentally our exchange server just died.

While the hardware guys are putting together a new server I would like to
prestage the last exchange backup from tape to our diskpool.
Getting the new server up and runnng is going to take awhile so I figure I
can save some time by having the restore exchange data sitting on
the diskpool waiting on the hardware guys.

It's alot quicker restoring 90+ gig from the diskpool than from tape.

I looked over the 'move nodedata' command but it looks like it will give me
ALL of my exchange backups. I don't want 14 days worth of exchange backups,
just the one from last night. I don't see a way to pull just the last
exchange backup.

Any idea on how to go about doing that?

Thanks