ADSM-L

Re: What is the FLUSH command?

2006-03-03 09:54:31
Subject: Re: What is the FLUSH command?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 09:51:27 -0500
T -

It would be helpful in such postings if you would provide the full
context of the question. The discussion is confused at this point in
not knowing the context of the Flush operation you found.

We often get postings where the term "server" is unspecific, and may
actually be an MsSQL server rather than the TSM Server which is
presumed in List discussion contexts. And from your posting we have
no idea if this is a TSM client, TSM server administration, or some
dissociated kind of "schedule".

In doing forensics on some work which a departed systems person has
left with no documentation, age perspective may lend to the
expectation that the ingredient may be so old as to be obsolete, and
should be removed. This is particularly true where no current vendor
material describes such a feature.

  Richard Sims