ADSM-L

Offsite reclaimation

2006-02-28 16:53:56
Subject: Offsite reclaimation
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:51:07 -0500
When an offsite copy storagepool is reclaimed, both FULL and FILLING
volumes are eligible for reclaim unlike primary storagepools where only
FULL volumes are eligible.  Is it because they are COPY storagepool
volumes or is it because they are OFFSITE copy storagepool volumes that
allow FILLING volumes to be eligible for reclaim?

I'm thinking of a setup where my copy storagepool tapes will be in a
fiber attached tape library at a remote site.  Those tapes would not get
marked as OFFSITE so FILLING tapes could be appended to just like tapes
in my primary storagepools. In this case, I would not want the FILLING
copypool tapes to be reclaimed, just the FULL ones.

Is this situation documented?