ADSM-L

Re: Novell Backup Errors

2006-02-28 16:53:18
Subject: Re: Novell Backup Errors
From: "Bell, Charles (Chip)" <Chip.Bell AT BHSALA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:29:58 -0600
Because I can afford to start fresh backups on these clients, I deleted
the filespaces associated with them, unloaded and reloaded the modules
needed for TSM, and re-ran the backup. Now I am getting the following
for many, many files...

02/28/2006 14:30:19 (TSA500.NLM 5.4 306) A data stream cannot be opened.
02/28/2006 14:30:24 ANS1228E Sending of object
'VOL1:/APPS/ie55sp2/IECIF.CAB' failed
02/28/2006 14:30:24 ANS4007E Error processing
'VOL1:/APPS/ie55sp2/IECIF.CAB': access to the object is denied

What do I do to make TSM able to access these files? What kind of
permission does TSM need, and where do I give it the access in Novell
world? I will continue searching in the meanwhile, but any assistance is
greatly appreciated.