ADSM-L

[no subject]

2006-02-27 16:04:06
From: "Whitlock, Brett" <brett.whitlock AT COUNTRYFINANCIAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:03:45 -0600
Hey all,
Windows Server 5.2.4 and client 5.2.4

We are looking at a restore of a common folder.  90,000 objects to
restore.  The restore took 2 hours.  My client guy was closely watching
the restore.  He says 99% of the files restore quickly.  Then the DB
drives work really hard for an hour and finally after a very long wait,
the last bit finishes.  Anyone seen this?

Can someone share or point me towards the excruciating detail of what
goes on during a restore?

Is this the no query restore vs. classic restore issue or is that only
confined to unix/aix/solaris?

Thanks in advance

Brett