ADSM-L

Re: Netware 5.3.2.x client

2006-02-24 14:38:35
Subject: Re: Netware 5.3.2.x client
From: Andrew Ferris <AFerris AT MRL.UBC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:36:09 -0800
We throw a delay of 3 or so in and we're also running clustered servers so the
clustering in 6.5 takes a looong time to start up. We're also loading McAfee
too so there's a fair bit of stuff to get through before the CAD. I've only
just started running SP5 as it has a NSS fix for a NFS/HSM locking bug but I
haven't seen any TSM problems with it. It just sounds to me like the dsmc is
... to see how much lag time the dsmc sched command could use?

Andrew Ferris
Network Support Analyst
iCAPTURE Research Centre
University of British Columbia

Andrew Ferris wrote:
> We're running 8.7.3.7 smp. I know that in our case our dsmcad loads right at
> the end of stage 5.

Same version of edir here. Interesting that your dsmcad loads after
stage 5. According to Novell the autoexec.ncf is loaded in stage 4.

http://support.novell.com/techcenter/articles/anz20010401.html

> Andrew Ferris
> Network Support Analyst
> iCAPTURE Research Centre
> University of British Columbia

> Andrew Ferris wrote:
>> When are you trying to load dsmc in autoexec.ncf? We load dsmcad as the last
>> item in our autoexec.ncf after adding the search path to the client files.
>>

> Right at the end of autoexec.ncf, just before "stage5". We even tried
> adding some delay but that didn't help. What version of edir are you
> running?

<snip>