ADSM-L

How to backup CIFS share on NetApp?

2006-02-24 13:58:38
Subject: How to backup CIFS share on NetApp?
From: Jason Lee <english AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:58:25 -0800
Hi there,

We have a number of CIFS shares on NetApp filers. For security
reasons these cannot be accessed via NFS. Our issue is backing them
up. If I log into a windows box and run the backup all is good.....
If I'm logged out, a scheduled backup of the share will fail (since
it's not mounted when I'm not logged in). Does anyone have any
thoughts on how to get around this? Or how to run unattended/unlogged
in backups of a remote windows share in any way shape or form, for
that matter!

Thanks for your help

Jason