ADSM-L

Re: SQL Transaction log backup failures for msdb and master

2006-02-24 10:37:02
Subject: Re: SQL Transaction log backup failures for msdb and master
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:36:41 -0500
Chip,

The FULL backups of Simple Recovery Model databases will
be all that you need to recover those databases.
But... it all boils down to how you want to protect your data
and the level of granularity you want for your restore.

I recommend that you read up on the SQL Server
Recovery Models for details on how they work.
Here is a good Microsoft doc to read up on:

"Choosing the Recovery Model for a Database"

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Tivoli Storage Manager Development
IBM Corporation

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/24/2006
10:26:34 AM: