ADSM-L

Re: SQL Transaction log backup failures for msdb and master

2006-02-24 10:27:22
Subject: Re: SQL Transaction log backup failures for msdb and master
From: "Bell, Charles (Chip)" <Chip.Bell AT BHSALA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:26:34 -0600
I had that done at one time, and commented them out for all of our SQL
clients. Those excludes are already in the sample dsm.opt, so does that
mean that they are recommended excludes? If so, I need to go back and
un-comment them all.  :)  Pardon my ignorance on SQL, but why would you
exclude the logs for master and msdb. Does that affect the full backup?