ADSM-L

PREShedulecmd "situation"

2006-02-23 13:40:29
Subject: PREShedulecmd "situation"
From: Andrew Carlson <andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:40:03 -0600
We had a problem last night where out POSTSchedulecmd did not run.
Checking back, it turned out that between the time the client picked up
it's schedule, we had disabled sessions pending installation of an
emergency patch on TSM.  What the client did was run the PREShedulecmd,
then found out the TSM server was not available.  By the time the server
was available, it was beyond it's startup window and never ran.  I
assume this is "working as designed", which is the answer I get alot
from IBM, but just thought I would let you all know that.  It wasn't
totally clear from the manual that this was the expected behaviour.