ADSM-L

Mac scheduler not starting

2006-02-17 15:08:27
Subject: Mac scheduler not starting
From: Nancy Reeves <Nancy.Reeves AT WICHITA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:08:00 -0600
I am very inexperienced with Macs and our Mac person is inexperienced with
TSM, so we have to team up but can usually figure out problems. We only
have 10 Macs. This is the only one at 10.1.

Mac support person installed TSM BA client 5.2.4 on a Mac with OS 10.1
recently. (Server is 5.2.2 on AIX.) The client can connect, and a manual
backup works. We used the Setup Wizard to configure the CAD and Scheduler,
but the scheduler does not seem to be running. When it is rebooted, there
are no messages in the activity log indicating contact. There is no
dsmched.log, although the location appears to be defined correctly (the
default). We confirmed that energy saver is not powering off the hard disk
at night. As the Mac client manual suggests, we checked with 'sudo ps -x |
grep dsmcad' for the process and did not find it; the only match was the
grep looking for it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Nancy Reeves
Technical Support, Wichita State University
Nancy.Reeves AT wichita DOT edu          316-978-3860