ADSM-L

Re: 5.3.2.2

2006-02-16 02:59:50
Subject: Re: 5.3.2.2
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 08:59:22 +0100
Geoffrey,

> The log shows " TSM needs to prompt for the password but cannot prompt

> because the process is running in the background." I did run dsm
first, when

> it prompted I entered the password but starting the service still
shows the

> message.

I faced the same problem some times ago, and found out that the password
was systematically deleted from the registry each time the service was
started. It looked like I was hit by this :
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&q1=1110519&uid=swg21110519
&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&cc=us&lang=en
Not sure it is your case, but thought it could possibly help !
Cheers.

Arnaud

******
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland,
CIT Department Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com
******