ADSM-L

TDP Exchange not recognizing circular logging disabled

2006-02-15 11:15:19
Subject: TDP Exchange not recognizing circular logging disabled
From: "Schaub, Steve" <Steve_Schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:13:00 -0500
TSM serv 5.2.2.0
TSM client 5.3.0.5
TDP for Mail 5.2.1.0

Log backups fail both scheduled and gui with message "ACN5798E MS
Exchange API HRESEBACKUPSETUP() failed with HRESULT: 0xc800020e - An
incremental backup cannot be performed when circular logging is
enabled".

Circular logging was initially enabled, but has since been disabled.  I
have restarted the TDP service and retried the client, and although the
gui shows that the store I want to backup has c.l. disabled, when I try
an incremental backup, he still throws this message and errors out.

Does the server have to be rebooted before TDP will "really" recognize
the change?

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer, WNI
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
423-752-6574 (desk)
423-785-7347 (cell)

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm