ADSM-L

IBM.fc.hba-api is not at the required level.

2006-02-14 13:38:38
Subject: IBM.fc.hba-api is not at the required level.
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:38:17 -0500
I just upgraded my AIX TSM server from 5.2.3.2 to 5.2.3.3 (the problem
with REPAIR STGVOL deadlock has bitten us 3-times in the past week).

After the reboot, we noticed this error message:

        ANR8227E Fileset devices.common.IBM.fc.hba-api is not at the
required level.

My guess is that the error has been there in the past and we have been
missing it. It doesn't seem to effect anything.

However, we have not been able to figure out:

a.   What is the "required level"
b.   Where can we find this "required level".

All attempts at searching IBM and Google keep refering to SAN DISCOVERY
and V5.2/3 of AIX.  We are on AIX V5.1 with service level 4 (yes, we know
we are behind and are trying to schedule to install the maintenance).
Since the only devices this system uses that are on the SAN is the tape
drives, I don't know if this even matters.

Can someone enlighten us ?