ADSM-L

LTO devclass and PREFIX?

2006-02-14 07:03:47
Subject: LTO devclass and PREFIX?
From: Jim Zajkowski <jamesez AT UMICH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 07:03:28 -0500
Hi there,

We have the venerable IBM 3584, and I created a devclass "dbtape" with a
prefix of "TDB".  I then printed a set of barcodes TDB001L2 ... TDB015L2.
Checked in the tapes as scratch, labels=b, etc.  q libvol shows them.

When I went to backup db devc=dbtape, it picked a scratch tape with
a different prefix.

Does the PREFIX option actually do anything on an LTO library?

What I want is to use the PREFIX attribute to control which tapes can be
used for a database backup, rather than maintaining a file of appropriate
volume labels.

TIA,

--Jim