ADSM-L

SV: Best practice for linux backup

2006-02-13 03:32:03
Subject: SV: Best practice for linux backup
From: "Hougaard.Flemming FHG" <FHG AT KMD DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:32:15 +0100
Thx Troy

Looks interesting

Flemming

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] På vegne af
Troy Frank
Sendt: 10. februar 2006 22:05
Til: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Emne: Re: Best practice for linux backup

there's some linux tcp tuning info here...

http://www.acc.umu.se/%7Emaswan/linux-netperf.txt

>>> FHG AT KMD DOT DK 2/9/2006 5:44:54 PM >>>
Hi all

Anyone got any ideas for a "best practice" for backup of linux servers
to increase performance?? Typically the backup will be done over WAN
links of 2-100 Mbit.

I'm thinking TCPWINDOWSIZE, TCPBUFFSIZE etc... is the default values
good enough? Or do I have to fine tune here?

Regards
Flemming

www.kmd.dk www.kundenet.kmd.dk www.eboks.dk www.civitas.dk
www.netborger.dk www.organisator.dk

Hvis du har modtaget denne mail ved en fejl vil jeg gerne, at du
informerer mig og sletter den.
KMD skaber it-services, der fremmer effektivitet hos det offentlige,
erhvervslivet og borgerne.

If you received this e-mail by mistake, please notify me and delete it.
Thank you.
Our mission is to enhance the efficiency of the public sector and
improve its service of the general public.

Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.