ADSM-L

Re: Can I Restore files from NetWare Client to NetWare Cluster?

2006-02-09 13:02:50
Subject: Re: Can I Restore files from NetWare Client to NetWare Cluster?
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:01:50 -0600
I'm speaking a little out of my depth here, having never done it myself,
but can you use the netware migration wizard to do this?
I do know that tsm has no official support of netware clusters, so I
think you have to do backups/restores from the standpoint of one node
with the cluster volume mounted as a regular vol1:, or data:, or
whatever you use.  You can't use the cluster-volume object name I don't
think.

>>> SBach AT MGE DOT COM 02/09/06 10:31 AM >>>

We are currently migrating our NetWare Client servers to a NetWare
Cluster.  There are still a few clients that have not been migrated
yet...mainly for fear of the unknown by the data owners.   From
researching, I have found that you cannot restore data from one NW
Cluster to another NW Cluster.  But I have not found anything about
restoring files from a single NW Client server to a NW Cluster.  Is it
possible to restore data backed up by a single NW Client to the NW
Cluster ...to test if the data will look/act the same on the Cluster as
it does on the single NW Client?  The main concern I believe, are the
Access database files....how will the migration to the cluster affect
these files?  Any help would be appreciated.... Thank you!

Shannon

sbach AT mge DOT com

Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.