ADSM-L

Can I Restore files from NetWare Client to NetWare Cluster?

2006-02-09 11:28:04
Subject: Can I Restore files from NetWare Client to NetWare Cluster?
From: Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 10:31:04 -0600

We are currently migrating our NetWare Client servers to a NetWare Cluster.  There are still a few clients that have not been migrated yet...mainly for fear of the unknown by the data owners.   From researching, I have found that you cannot restore data from one NW Cluster to another NW Cluster.  But I have not found anything about restoring files from a single NW Client server to a NW Cluster.  Is it possible to restore data backed up by a single NW Client to the NW Cluster ...to test if the data will look/act the same on the Cluster as it does on the single NW Client?  The main concern I believe, are the Access database files....how will the migration to the cluster affect these files?  Any help would be appreciated.... Thank you!

Shannon

sbach AT mge DOT com