ADSM-L

Re: Tsm server v5.2.7 be ware

2006-02-08 08:43:14
Subject: Re: Tsm server v5.2.7 be ware
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 13:41:30 +0000
Sorry, just read the APAR and I see I just need to increase the MAXSCRATCH
variable.

Farren
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|
|   "Lee, Gary D."            |                                           |
|   <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>            |

|   Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor |                                         To|
|   Manager"                  |                                 ADSM-L@VM.|
|   <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>    |
MARIST.EDU|
|                             |                                         cc|
|   08/02/2006 12:48          |                                           |
|                             |                                    Subject|
|         Please respond to   |                                 [ADSM-L]  |
|         "ADSM: Dist Stor    |                                 Tsm server|
|             Manager"        |                                 v5.2.7 be |
|      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> |                                 ware

|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|

Just ran into this a couple of weeks ago.  Server v5.2.7 on solaris
2.8.  However looks like it effects all platforms.
Below is the message from tsm support I received last night.
------------------- cut here ---------------------------------

Gary,
I have researched this problem further and found that there is an APAR for
this problem.
APAR IC48456 addresses this problem:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&q1=%2bIC48456&uid=swg1IC48456&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&cc=us&lang=all
This is projected to be fixed in version 5.2.8. I will monitor the progress
of this
APAR for you.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University

The information contained in this e-mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and confidential and intended solely
for the named recipient(s).  If you are not a named recipient,
you must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information,
open any attachment, or take any action in reliance on it.  If you
have received the e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete
the e-mail.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender, unless otherwise stated.  Although this e-mail has
been scanned for viruses you should rely on your own virus check, as
the sender accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug
or virus infection.