ADSM-L

Re: Database restore and mirrored volume question

2006-02-08 08:24:56
Subject: Re: Database restore and mirrored volume question
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:36:48 +0100
Hi,

volumes. If so, I think you have to do the restore prior to setting
up the mirrored copies, since the syntax for 'dsmserv format' has
no provision for specifying mirrored volumes.

I recently had to restore our database. It has mirrored volumes, but the
restore was written to the first copy. After completion TSM synchronized
the copies, what took another hour or so.
--
Regards,

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470