ADSM-L

Inclexcl for root file system

2006-02-07 16:12:54
Subject: Inclexcl for root file system
From: "L'Huillier, Denis (GTI)" <denis_lhuillier AT ML DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 16:12:35 -0500
I'm trying to include the root "/" file system and exclude everything
else not previously matched in my inclexcl file.

Example...
File systems:
/
/data
/data1
/data2
/dump
/junk

Inclexcl:

Exclude /.../*   <-- Here I want to exclude everything not explicitly
stated below which would include "/junk" and any future file system.
Include /       <--Here I want the root file system and all
subdirectories that are mounted on root.
Include /data/.../* CLASS3
Exclude /data/.../*.out
Include /data1/.../* CLASS2
Include /data2/.../* CLASS1

The "Include /" line will not get all files and subdirectories that are
part of the root file system.  If I use "Include /.../*" then it negates
the "Exclude /.../*" above it.

Any help?

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender,
delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/