ADSM-L

Offiste Space Reclamation Issues

2006-02-07 11:41:12
Subject: Offiste Space Reclamation Issues
From: Dennis Melburn W IT743 <melburn.dennis AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 11:31:42 -0500
Lately I have been having problems with TSM running offiste space
reclamation.  I have it scheduled to run reclamation on the offsite
storage pools in the evening, and it seems that every evening, I start
getting read errors as well as tape drive issues.  This only occurs
after the schedule kicks off.  I have copy stgpool processes that run
during the day that have no problems, and all the drives function fine
during that time, so it does not appear to be a drive issue.  Also, it
does not appear to be a tape issue either, as I have repeatedly marked
the questionable tapes as unavailable, only to have new tapes with
problems the next night.  Anyone else experiencing this?

W2K3
TSM 5.3.2.0

Mel Dennis