ADSM-L

Re: AW: [ADSM-L] Import Node

2006-02-06 08:30:12
Subject: Re: AW: [ADSM-L] Import Node
From: "Choudarapu, Ramakrishna (GTI)" <Ramakrishna_Choudarapu AT ML DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 08:29:15 -0500
We are using MERGEfilespaces=YES option. However, due to large number of files
to be imported, actual import is starting much later. TSM is reading from first
tape onwards and comparing with the database before it can start the importing
of the "data". Server is recycled before the data import is commenced. So the
import is never getting started. I was wondering if I can skip the tapes from
list of volumes which were already imported, so that the time spent on
comparing import tape with the database content is reduced.

Thanks,
Rama