ADSM-L

Fw: TSM Reporting - Error

2006-02-03 14:25:02
Subject: Fw: TSM Reporting - Error
From: E Mike Collins <emcollin AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:26:38 -0700
Hi Norita,

The error code is an unsigned version of -50 which and indicates a tcp/ip
communication failure between operational reporting and the server.  It
could happen if the server is not running or if for some reason
communication can't be established to the server.   The most likely reason
for this is that the communication settings to the server are not correct.
 If you open the management console, expand the tree to the server you
want, right-click and choose Properties, then update the tcp/ip address
field and possibly the port number.   From a windows command prompt you
should be able to ping whatever address you put here to ensure you have
connectivity.  If the address and port is correct for your TSM server, the
server is running, and you can ping the address you should be able to get
a response from the query node button.  Please send me a note if you need
more info.

>> Hi,
>>
>> Can anybody help me with this error message. I've installed TSM
Operational
>> Reporting and when I tried to update Properties - Automatic
Notification
>> and when I clicked "Query" , I get this message :
>.
>> Unable to obtain node information . RC 4294967246
>>
>> I hope somebody can help me with this.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> NORITA BINTI HASAN
>> Senior Programmer