ADSM-L

Re: Management Class Assignment Not Working Properly on OS/400

2006-02-02 16:22:17
Subject: Re: Management Class Assignment Not Working Properly on OS/400
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 16:21:58 -0500
>From: Marco Spagnuolo <Marco.Spagnuolo AT PERNOD-RICARD-CANADA DOT COM>
>
>TSM Server v5.2.1.3 on Solaris
>TDP-Domino v5.2.0 on OS/400
>Domino 6.0.2CF1
>
>We have several DOMINO partitions running on an AS400. I've created
>a new
>management class called 7YEAR which is to keep Domino Databases in a
>folder called OldMail for 7 Years. I've confirmed that the policy
>set has
>been validated and activated. The dsm.sys, dsm15.opt and
>domdsm15.cfg
>files are listed below:
>
>dsm.sys
>
>SErvername  n08
>  COMMmethod         TCPip
>  TCPPort            1500
>  TCPServeraddress   10.100.224.81
>  TCPBuffsize        512
>
>SErvername  n15
>  COMMmethod         TCPip
>  TCPPort            1500
>  TCPServeraddress   10.100.224.81
>  TCPBuffsize        512
>  INCLUDE            OldMail/*.nsf* 7YEAR
>  INCLUDE            OldMail/.../*.nsf* 7YEAR
>
>dsm15.opt
>
>SErvername n15
>
>domdsm15.cfg
>
>BUFFers                  3
>BUFFERSIze         1024
>
>LOGFile                  domdsm.log
>LOGPrune                 60
>
>REPlace                  yes
>SUBDir                   yes
>MOUNTWait                yes
>
>NOTESIniPath             /domino/cawlkn15/data
>LastPruneDate
>
>I've been running test selective backups on specific databases in
>the
>folder by issuing the following command:
>
>domdsmc selective OldMail/testdb.nsf* /adsmnode=cawlkn15
>/adsmoptf=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/dsm15.opt /adsmpwd=xxxxx
>/configf=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsm15.cfg
>
>The backup works fine but when I try to confirm assignment to the
>7YEAR
>management class by means of the following SQL query:
>
>select NODE_NAME , LL_NAME , T1.CLASS_NAME
>from BACKUPS
>where NODE_NAME = 'CAWLKN15'
>
>and drill thru the list, the class name still appears as DEFAULT for
>that
>and all databases.
>
>The dsierror.log file doesn't show any errors.
>
>Typically, you need to restart the scheduler to have include/exclude
>changes take effect but there is no scheduler on the AS400.
>
>Any idea??

The OS/400 environment distinguishes between dsm.sys and *.opt in
the same way as Unix clients. I suspect that it is also like Unix
with regard to the location of include and exclude statements.
Under Unix, there is an inclexcl option in dsm.sys. The value of
the option is the name of a third file that contains include and
exclude statements.