ADSM-L

Re: schedlogretention.

2006-02-01 15:49:43
Subject: Re: schedlogretention.
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.stapleton AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 14:49:00 -0600
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/01/2006
01:44:00 PM:
> TSM client 5.3.1.1
> OS linux RH 3.0
> TSM server 5.3.1.2
>
> On all three of my archive only Linux servers the schedlogretention and
> errorlogretention parameters in the dsm.sys are not being used. The
> contents in the logs date back to 10-12-05. The dsm.sys has not been
> changed since 9-12-2005.
> An archive process is scheduled to run every 12 hours.
>
>         errorlogretention 7 d
>         schedlogretention 7 d
>         errorlogname /another_directory/dsmerror.log
>         schedlogname /another_directory/dsmsched.log
>
> Has anybody seen this before ?

Curiousity: have you tried adding it to the relevant client option set on
the server? I for one would be interested as to whether that did the job
better.

Another curiousity: does log retention work on archives only? I always see
the trimming going on at the end of a scheduled backup. You might try a
single scheduled backup on one box to see if that trims the logs.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT usbank DOT com)
MR Backup and Recovery Management

Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy
laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from
retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have
received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you
in advance for your cooperation.