ADSM-L

Re: question on Tivoli reinstall agent

2006-01-31 17:16:45
Subject: Re: question on Tivoli reinstall agent
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:15:27 -0600
In a full rebuild situation, you'd have to manually reinstall the tivoli
client (just copying the folder back wouldn't be enough).  The important
file to have copied from the old sys: would be dsm.opt.  Depending on if
you care or not, you might also want to copy dsmsched.log & dsmerror.log
to keep previous history.

>>> Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US 1/31/2006 3:13:00 PM >>>
Troy Frank wrote:

Troy Both

>Is the RAID5 array holding sys:, vol1:, or both?

>Hello all,
>
>This Sunday a client is replacing a drive that is part of the RAID-5
>configuration where their system partition lies on server with the
>tivoli agent on it. Worst case scenario is they loose the partition
>and
>have to rebuild the server.
>
>Question. If they copy the Tivoli directory elsewhere (sys:\tivoli),
>can
>
>they just copy the folder back to the server (after reinstalling the
>OS)
>
>and then restore using DSMC?
>
>NW OS. 6.5
>TSM client 5.3.0
>
>Thanks
>

>Confidentiality Notice follows:
>
>The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if
any)
>is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
for
>the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized.
If