ADSM-L

Re: redirect output in readable format

2006-01-31 05:30:27
Subject: Re: redirect output in readable format
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:32:20 -0700
I don't understand this question:

> Sooooooo.......I need to upgrade the "client" on the "server"?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "client" on the "server"? You are
using the program dsmadmc.exe that is packaged with the backup-archive
client, riiiiiiiight?

You need to use an admin command line interface that supports the
-dataonly=yes option, as Richard pointed out. The machine on which you run
the admin interface is immaterial.

Note that 4.2 is long out of support. You should get your clients updated
to more current levels.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/31/2006
08:19:56 AM:

> The server is at 5.3.1.2
>
> But, the Command Line Interface is:
>
> Tivoli Storage Manager
> Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 4, Release 2, Level 1.25
>
> Sooooooo.......I need to upgrade the "client" on the "server"?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Dave Zarnoch
> Nationwide Provident
> zarnocd AT nationwideprovident DOT com