ADSM-L

Re: redirect output in readable format

2006-01-31 04:49:55
Subject: Re: redirect output in readable format
From: Dave Zarnoch <zarnocd AT NATIONWIDEPROVIDENT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 09:49:23 -0500
The "-displaymode=list" worked great!

When I tried "-dataonly=yes" I got:

ANS8017E Command line parameter 3: 'dataonly=yes' is not valid.

ANS8002I Highest return code was 9.

I'm running TSM Ver 5.3.1.2
Is that the problem?

Thanks!

Dave Zarnoch
Nationwide Provident
zarnocd AT nationwideprovident DOT com
W 302-452-4197
C  302-462-8703

                      David E Ehresman
                      <deehre01@LOUISVI        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      LLE.EDU>                 cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: [ADSM-L] redirect
output in readable format
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      01/31/2006 09:22
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Not sure I know what you mean by unformated output but try the
  -displaymode=list|table
parm.

David

>>> zarnocd AT NATIONWIDEPROVIDENT DOT COM 01/31/06 8:28 AM >>>
Simple question?

When I do a $TSMCMD "q vol 302302 f=d" > result from a UNIX command
line.
I get the file "result" in unformatted output.

How do I redirect the command from TSM to a file in "readable" format
from
a UNIX command line?

Yes.....i have read the manual and have searched the web for this
already.