ADSM-L

EXCHANGE COPY backups and MGMT classes?

2006-01-30 14:41:07
Subject: EXCHANGE COPY backups and MGMT classes?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:40:50 -0500
Need help from an EXCHANGE GURU.

I have a site that wants to send EXCHANGE TDP backups to 2 different tape
pools, with different retention periods.
One will be kept onsite, the other will go offsite as a long-term archive copy
(this is a temp solution until some doc management software is implemented).

Is that what the EXCHANGE COPY type DB is for?  Is that an "out of band"
snapshot type backup?  And can I use the include/exclude statements to direct
just the COPY type backups to a different management class?

Thanks for any insight!

Wanda