ADSM-L

Exchange 2003 Mailbox store backup

2006-01-30 14:33:49
Subject: Exchange 2003 Mailbox store backup
From: "Khan, Khalid B." <kkhan AT ATCLLC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:33:15 -0600
I would like to exclude the Public Folder database within a certain
Storage Group (SG) in Exchange 2003 from FULL backup, but it seems that
I can only specify SG for backup and not any specific Mailbox Store
(database) within an SG. The TDPEXEC (GUI) & even the TDPEXCC (CLI)
backup all the databases within an SG. The only exception is the
Database Copy backup type, but the "downside" is that this type of
backup does not prune the transaction logs after successful backup.

Am I missing anything? Can someone help me confirm that this is true or
is there another method of achieving what I want to accomplish here.

Thank you very much for any help and feedback.

Khalid Khan
Systems Engineer
American Transmission Co.
kkhan AT atcllc DOT com