ADSM-L

Re: query libv confusion

2006-01-27 06:39:15
Subject: Re: query libv confusion
From: Dave Zarnoch <zarnocd AT NATIONWIDEPROVIDENT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 06:38:49 -0500
I once did an audit on the library within ACSLS, and it took about 3
minutes.

Is there a "special" audit that I need to perform?

Thanks!

Dave Zarnoch
Nationwide Provident
zarnocd AT nationwideprovident DOT com
W 302-452-4197
C  302-462-8703

                      Gerald Michalak
                      <gmichala AT US DOT IBM.        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      COM>                     cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: [ADSM-L] query
libv confusion
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      01/26/2006 05:54
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

You will need to do 2 audits, 1 within the ACSLS software and 1 from TSM.

The rule of thumb I have is that the ACSLS audit will take about 5 seconds
per tape.

( 12 tapes per minute,  800 / 12 = 66.67 minutes ) just over an hour.

Then the TSM audit library should simply exchange data with the ACSLS
server, a few minutes I would guess.

Gerald Michalak
gmichala AT us.ibm DOT com

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/26/2006
12:48:31 PM:

> Thanks Wanda!
>
> BTW....How long do you think it would take to audit the library (through
> TSM)
> It has 800 tapes
> It is an ACSLS StorageTek library. 9840C
>
> Thanks!
>

> Dave Zarnoch
> Nationwide Provident
> zarnocd AT nationwideprovident DOT com