ADSM-L

Re: Domino Client question

2006-01-26 10:39:31
Subject: Re: Domino Client question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:39:20 -0500
Hi Farren,

Right. RETEXTRA says how long to keep the "inactive" versions.

If you want to keep your database backups based on time,
(which many customers do for Domino and Exchange, for example),
you should set VEREXISTS to Nolimit and VERDELETED to Nolimit,
and set the RETEXTRA and RETONLY to the length of time you
want to save the backups.  That way, if you need to do
adhoc backups in the middle of the week for maintanence
reasons, etc, you won't jeopardize your older backups,
for forcing them to prematurely expire.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Tivoli Storage Manager Development
IBM Corporation

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/26/2006
10:21:31 AM:

> Aaah, does the 'retextra' option override the 'versions data exists'?
The