ADSM-L

Re: compression question

2006-01-25 10:04:27
Subject: Re: compression question
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:05:39 -0700
File data is compressed on-the-fly, as the data is read off the client disk
and sent to the server. There is no buffering of the entire file (in memory
or disk) in order to first compress it before sending it to the server.
Likewise, with restore, the data is decompressed as it is sent from the
server and written back to client disk.

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/25/2006
07:49:10 AM: