ADSM-L

Mixed up libraries

2006-01-24 12:10:39
Subject: Mixed up libraries
From: Dave Zarnoch <zarnocd AT NATIONWIDEPROVIDENT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:10:09 -0500
We have somehow screwed up the state of some of our tapes;

We had an old library called "EAGLELIB" which we were sure we migrated
all of the tapes over to the new library "C_LIBR"

But we found some EAGLELIB tapes that are duplicates of C_LIBR tapes

(e.g.)

Tape 300410

q libv EAGLELIB 300410

Library Name  Volume Name  Status      Owner       Last Use   Home
Device  Cleanings Left  Media Type
                                                              Element  Type
------------  -----------  ----------  ----------  ---------  -------
------  --------------  ----------
EAGLELIB      300410       Private

q libv C_LIBR 300410

Library Name     Volume Name     Status         Owner          Last Use
Home        Device
Element     Type
------------     -----------     ----------     ----------     ---------
-------     ------
C_LIBR           300410          Private                       Data

q vol 300410

Volume Name                  Storage         Device         Estimated
Pct      Volume
                             Pool Name       Class Name      Capacity
Util      Status
300410                       C_EAGLETAPE     C_DEVC          61,171.3
99.2       Full

Which is OK because C_EAGLETAPE is a storage pool in C_LIBR

How do w get rid of the "EAGLELIB" version?

Thanks!

Dave Zarnoch
Nationwide Provident
zarnocd AT nationwideprovident DOT com