ADSM-L

Re: DB & LOG Volume layout - new

2006-01-24 09:44:37
Subject: Re: DB & LOG Volume layout - new
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:43:57 +0100
Hi,

Allen S. Rout schrieb:
Paul's got it.  Even with a non-new server, take a look at Q DBVOL
f=d.  It'll be quite unusual to have more than one volume  partially
full.  If TSM assigned pages round-robin, then the usual case would be
(fairly) even byte occupancy per volume.

How do you get the occupancy of a database volume? With Q DBVOL I only
see the available space (size of the formatted volume) and the allocated
space (what is assigned to the database). In my case both are the same
for all volumes.
If you were right, I would get a problem on my new server, because I
formatted three big volumes, each on a separate disk. If TSM only uses
the first volume until it is full, then I would not benefit from the
separate disk drives to get a higher performance.
--
Regards,

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470