ADSM-L

Problem with externally managed library

2006-01-24 07:23:02
Subject: Problem with externally managed library
From: Neil Schofield <neil.schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:21:45 +0000
Hi there.

I wondered if anyone could offer any advice on a problem we've got with an
externally managed ACSLS library using Gresham EDT.

Following an upgrade from EDT 6.4 to EDT 7.4, we are intermittently getting
errors logged in the EDT and ACSLS logs when dismounting tapes. The
dismount request results in an LH_ERR_TRANSPORT_BUSY error in
acsss_event.log, while EDT reports STATUS_DRIVE_IN_USE. The suspicion is
that the dismount is being requested before the drive is actually in a
state to respond to such a request.

Does anybody know how I can find out where the problem lies. Is it with
TSM, EDT or ACSLS?

Environment is:
StorageTek L5500 silo, 15 x T9840C FC tape drives.
ACSLS 7.0.0 on Solaris 9.
TSM Server v5.2.6.4 on Windows 2003 with EDT 7.4.0.4

Regards
Neil

Find out how to protect your home from frost this winter at
www.yorkshirewater.com

YORKSHIRE WATER - WINNER OF THE UTILITY OF THE YEAR AWARD 2004 AND 2005

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682