ADSM-L

how to checkout without verifying the label, using move drm command

2006-01-24 03:39:08
Subject: how to checkout without verifying the label, using move drm command
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:38:45 +0100
Hi list,

Wondering if someone could tell me what setting to modify, sot that use
of "move drm" command to check volumes out of a 3584 library will not
require to mount the tape in a drive to check it's label.
I have recently built a new TSM environment, wich is very similar to my
old one, but use of the very same command for checkout (move drm *
wherestate=mountable source=dbbackup  copystgpool=*lto1* tostate=vault
remove=untileefull endtime=$LATEST) behaves differently : on the old
3584 library, tapes are immediately ejected, on the new one their label
is first inspected before ejection ... I hate to stand that long in
front of I/O port, waiting for my tapes !
Could someone help me ?
TIA.
Cheers.

Arnaud

******
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland,
CIT Department Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com
******