ADSM-L

Re: Increasing bufpoolsize issue

2006-01-23 15:48:19
Subject: Re: Increasing bufpoolsize issue
From: Richard Mochnaczewski <Richard.Mochnaczewski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:47:54 -0500
Hi ,

Here is the error I saw when trying to start up my second instance :

Tivoli Storage Manager for AIX-RS/6000
Version 5, Release 1, Level 1.6

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

5698-ISE (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1999,2002. All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR0900I Processing options file /tsmserv/bin/dsmserv.opt.
ANR7811I Direct I/O will be used for all eligible disk files.
ANR0990I Server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR0200I Recovery log assigned capacity is 4092 megabytes.
ANR0201I Database assigned capacity is 59680 megabytes.
ANR0306I Recovery log volume mount in progress.
ANR0358E Database initialization failed: sufficient memory is not available.

When I put my bufpoolsize parameter back to it's original size, the second
instance came up with no problem. The paging space ( total physical memory we
have is 9Gb, paging space is 6Gb ) is barely used, only 10%.

Rich