ADSM-L

Gene - syntax/punctuation for an object in a schedule

2006-01-19 16:06:19
Subject: Gene - syntax/punctuation for an object in a schedule
From: Gene Shaffer <gene.shaffer AT AURORA DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:50:30 -0600
Hi;
I am creating a schedule that invokes a script which generates backupsets.
The Action field is set to COMMAND and in the Object field I am trying to
pass
the string to execute the script. It is:
nohup  ./backupset/gen_backupset2.sh  > backset.out

I believe it needs single or double quotes or something around either the
whole
line or part of the line. I have tried numerous permutations, but when I
update it
with TODAY and NOW to get it to run and test it out it just sits there.
Any ideas?

Gene Shaffer
Software Systems Engineer
Aurora Health Care

" Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"