ADSM-L

Re: EMC Centera

2006-01-19 10:30:33
Subject: Re: EMC Centera
From: Nancy L Backhaus <Backhaus.Nancy AT HEALTHNOW DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:27:11 -0500
I believe you have to have TSM DRP.

 We have recently implemented TSM, Content Manager OnDemand, and Centera
as the storage device.  Content Manager OnDemand controls the retention
settings, and TSM is only the api to Centera.   We have TSM Extended
Edition.   I believe in order for retention to be set in TSM, you need to
purchase TSM DRP.   I believe Centera has a base default setting, but in
our environment we need at least 8 tiers of retention so we let Content
Mgr OnDemand handle the retention.

"Spendlove, Ted" <Ted.Spendlove AT ATK DOT COM>
01/18/2006 03:48 PM