ADSM-L

Re: dbcopy, logcopy; Copy Status: Off-Line/Sync

2006-01-18 13:12:19
Subject: Re: dbcopy, logcopy; Copy Status: Off-Line/Sync
From: Christiane Kühn <kuehn AT INFORMATIK.UNI-BONN DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:12:01 +0100
Thank you for your answer. Yes, I think, this command is the right one I am looking for.

Best regards
Christine

John Monahan schrieb:

If I understand correctly, I believe you are looking for the VARY ONLINE command.

______________________________
John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.computechresources.com

Christiane Kühn <kuehn AT INFORMATIK.UNI-BONN DOT DE> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
01/18/2006 11:38 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] dbcopy, logcopy; Copy Status: Off-Line/Sync

Hallo,
I have a question to the Status of dbcopy, logcopy: sync/off-line.
I don`t find a command to get the status from off-line to sync
(for example: update dbcopy.....)

The situation:
I want to make a copy-synconisation of the db and log - Files (3 times)
No problem:
define dbcopy/logcopy .... works wonderful.

The Server is a Windows 2003 with tsm 5.3.2.2
One Copy is on the disk D:
the other 2 Copies are on a raid-system.

Now the problem:
If one disk has no connection to the system (hardware-error, net-problems...)
the tsm-system works wonderful further with the disk, which is accessible
for the system. And the non accessible disks changed the status from sync to off-line.

To change the status from off-line to sync,
we need two commands:
delete dbvol ... and
define dbcopy ...

The same problem is with the log-files.

I need the command update dbcopy/logcopy ...

Can somebody help me by this wish?

Christiane Kühn

Institut für Informatik
Christiane Kühn               Tel.: 0228/73-4200
Römerstraße 164               Fax.: 0228/7360304
53117 Bonn             Email: kuehn AT uni-bonn DOT de