ADSM-L

Re: Failed Attempt to Free Memory

2006-01-18 13:05:45
Subject: Re: Failed Attempt to Free Memory
From: Aaron Becar <ab032 AT BYUH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:01:05 -1000
Here is the actual Error:

ANR9999D Invalid attempt to free memory (invalid header); called from 8217515
(bfutil.c (4599)).
ANR9999D Invalid attempt to free memory (invalid header); called from 8217515
(bfutil.c (4599)).
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
CAPOOT goes TSM
*----------------------------------------
Orig. Message..

Hey all,

I kind of have a serious question.  I have been looking at a specific error
that we have been receiving.  I understand that there have been some problems
with offsite reclamation, that if the data is not moved off the disk there is a
possibility of TSM crashing.  However, I have disabled all the automated
schedules, and perform migration myself to make sure that all the data is moved
off the disk onto the tapepool.  I then proceed to do a reclamation of our
offsite tapes (copypool) and sure enough I see error after error that there is
a failed attempt to free memory, and capoot goes TSM.  I hear this is because
of an un initialized variable.  I made sure that everything is moved off disk
and onto tape.  IBM did a diagnostics on our server and came and replaced the
controller card, so pretty sure this is not a hardware issue.  Here are the
specs:

Box: IBM x346
OS: RH EL 4
TSM: 5.2.6
Lib: IBM 3583 w/ 3 LTO 2 drives.

There error mentions the bufutil.c (something like that).  Thanks!

Aaron