ADSM-L

Re: -nodename no longer there for UNIX...

2006-01-18 10:44:25
Subject: Re: -nodename no longer there for UNIX...
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:43:42 +0100
Hi Andy (and of course Richard!)!
Thank you very much for your reply!
I thought that all parameters were equal across all clients, but I was
wrong.
The VIRTUALNODE parameter appears to do exactly what I want, but now
another issue arises. I would like to create a single line command to do
a cross client restore and my clients are spread across two TSM servers.
So I thought of using the -TCPSERVERADDRESS parameter to cover this.
I issue the following command:
Dsmc -virtualnode=<sourcenode> -tcpserveradddress=<TSM source server>
This results in a:
ANS1108E Invalid option (-TCPSERVERADDRESS) for the LOOP command
The manual GC32-0789-05 states that it is a valid option...
Thank you very much for your help!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon