ADSM-L

-nodename no longer there for UNIX...

2006-01-18 08:32:38
Subject: -nodename no longer there for UNIX...
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:32:15 +0100
Hi *SM-ers!
Does anybody know why IBM decided to drop the -nodename parameter for
the UNIX clients?
I discovered that this parameter no longer works in 5.3. It's documented
in the manuals but that's not correct (IC46024).
I'm trying to find a way to give our standby a way to restore data from
another node, without the help of a TSM admin. I know there is a
-fromnode parameter, but that requires a lot of extra work (accessing
the source node, updating the node access list, restoring the file on
the target server, again accessing the source server, removing the node
from the access list). It would be so much easier when one could use the
-nodename parameter! And I really cannot think of any reason why it was
dropped!
I would like to know how other people solve this. Thanks in advance for
any reply!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.