ADSM-L

Re: Failed Attempt to Free Memory

2006-01-17 17:02:27
Subject: Re: Failed Attempt to Free Memory
From: Aaron Becar <ab032 AT BYUH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:57:36 -1000
Hey all,

I kind of have a serious question.  I have been looking at a specific
error that we have been receiving.  I understand that there have been
some problems with offsite reclamation, that if the data is not moved
off the disk there is a possibility of TSM crashing.  However, I have
disabled all the automated schedules, and perform migration myself to
make sure that all the data is moved off the disk onto the tapepool.  I
then proceed to do a reclamation of our offsite tapes (copypool) and
sure enough I see error after error that there is a failed attempt to
free memory, and capoot goes TSM.  I hear this is because of an un
initialized variable.  I made sure that everything is moved off disk and
onto tape.  IBM did a diagnostics on our server and came and replaced
the controller card, so pretty sure this is not a hardware issue.  Here
are the specs:

Box: IBM x346
OS: RH EL 4
TSM: 5.2.6
Lib: IBM 3583 w/ 3 LTO 2 drives.

There error mentions the bufutil.c (something like that).  Thanks!

Aaron