ADSM-L

Re: 'Node access list' through web not displaying properly

2006-01-17 08:59:34
Subject: Re: 'Node access list' through web not displaying properly
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 08:58:40 -0500
On Jan 17, 2006, at 8:49 AM, Large, M (Matthew) wrote:

Richard, now _that's_ a project - change the 800 wintel machines to
Mac!
If we were a Post-Production house or some kind of visual/audio
designers I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem, but being a bank and
all..

It sounds like you're saying that this isn't something I could ask IBM
to fix, as such, it's more of an environmental issue which needs
resolving. But if you're able to recreate it on an up-to-date
environment then perhaps there IS something IBM can look at?

Thanks,
Matthew

You could give them a call and see what they have to say.
They do compatibilities testing, and thus should be able to render
findings and recommendations in that area, particularly given the
problems they've identified in the past with the Java level being
used with the Web Client.
All in all, though, depending upon the Web Client is an exercise
in protracted pain.  If at all possible, I'd try to avoid it in
preference to using the 'dsm' GUI (but be prepared for it turning
into Java, itself, in TSM 5.3 - which at least is not as disjointed
as in a Web application).

   Richard