ADSM-L

Re: Define Path question

2006-01-16 11:53:53
Subject: Re: Define Path question
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:53:33 -0500
Is a direct fiber attached library defined differently
than a direct SCSI attached library?

>>No.  Just use the address that the host operating system assigns it.

Will the fiber attached have an address similar to a SCSI attached
(i.e.. device=lb0.0.0.0)?
ITSM Ver, 5.2.6   on Win2K platform.

>>Yep.  You really won't see any difference - the devices are still
using SCSI protocols, just fibre as the attachment hardware.
On Windows, I STRONGLY recommend reviewing the TSM Device Driver Report
display in the MMC console window - it will tell you what the OS sees
out on the bus.

Thanks,
Doug

Doug Thorneycroft