ADSM-L

Re: Pre-fetching a restore?

2006-01-12 15:29:24
Subject: Re: Pre-fetching a restore?
From: Jim Zajkowski <jamesez AT UMICH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:28:03 -0500
On Jan 12, 2006, at 3:11 PM, Richard Sims wrote:

likely call for only a fraction of it

My original query was directed based on the idea that we have, twice
(out of three times), and with vendor supervision, performed "routine
maintenance" that essentially destroyed an entire filesystem on a
server.  Knowing that this, and that the "maintenance" will need to
be run again, made me think ahead about how I could make a restore in
this specific situation go quickly, where we would restore the entire
contents of a volume.

This has nothing to do with normal operational function, just this
specific case where I know that the probability of requiring a full
restore is very, very high.

Thank you all for your answers.

--Jim

Mail me off list if you want to know more about the vendor and the
maintenance, if that has you curious.