ADSM-L

Re: ANR1639I

2006-01-12 12:22:39
Subject: Re: ANR1639I
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:14:30 -0500
I view the message primarily as a warning to search the activity log to
ensure that nothing funny is going on with that node.

David

>>> callie.liew AT DKSH DOT COM 01/12/06 6:58 AM >>>
Hi David,

Well ... that's what puzzling me .... actually we didn't change the IP
address

The IP address associated with the node changed. To say it a different
way, the node connected from a different IP address than the one TSM
had
stored for it.
We didn;t change any IP related to the node. I've even checked on the
TSM
node that the registered node has the same IP as the host.

In the example you gave, it looks like the stored ip address was null
and
TSM stored a real IP address.
Puzzling was why is stored null IP address. What would be the impact
of
this msg? However backup for this node is done successfully.

I've even checked on the Quickfacts that failover of the HACMP might
affect the changed in IP.However no HACMP failover occured during that
time.

Just wonder what would be the future impact to it.

Thanks and Warmest Regards,

David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
01/12/2006 02:17 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] ANR1639I

>>1. Could anyone enligthen me the attributes of some of the nodes
that
were
changed automatically without human intervention?<<

The IP address associated with the node changed. To say it a different
way, the node connected from a different IP address than the one TSM
had
stored for it. In the example you gave, it looks like the stored ip
address was null and TSM stored a real IP address.

David Ehresman
University of Louisville